December 07, 2010

Water

I feel this very deep and strong connection to the ocean, at times. Like I feel like a sea-creature or a mermaid. Sometimes I like to be strange, I mean, I am weird already but still. What if my inner-soul is that of a mermaid's? Like Ariel (how cool, right?) The first thing I ever wanted to be and for the longest time around was an astronaut. Then I wanted to be a scientist, too. Not making sense, am I? I'm trying my best to complete three articles whose deadlines are freakily close but what am I doing instead? That's right. I'm blogging. I want to be at Gloria Jean's, sip my cappuccino and finish reading The Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries). I have to say the books are quite interesting a read, as compared to the Twilight series. Plus, it's written by L.J.Smith who also wrote The Forbidden Game (one of my very favourite books).

It might not be of a direct explanation but I like this quote,"Don't beat yourself up about it. Acquisitions are like dating; they just weren't that into you. And you chasing after them would not have helped. Deals fall apart, that's what they do. I've had deals fall through even after everything had been agreed on, including price. If they didn't have a binding pricesheet in front of you, then you weren't very close. Not to mention all that could still go wrong during due diligence. In the bad old days of Microsoft, they would often use the due diligence process to learn/steal the key technology of their targets, then scuttle the deal. If you did anything wrong at all, it might have been disclosing too much about your future development plans and trying too hard to please Google. Next time, and given your talent there probably will be a next time, you might want to keep your cards closer to the vest."

It makes a lot of sense when you think of it, mais non? There are always going to be things amiss in life but you gotta learn to accept that life is more than who you are. Much as I, very often, try to push it at the back of my mind. I know it to be true. Who'd think that picture would be all to make me get over this? Haha, I am pretty lame. Do any of you guys know anyone working for Vogue Magazine? Please pass the word along or give me deets. Gracias.

No comments: