January 25, 2011

Parchment Paper

I find beauty mixed with sadness to be a beautiful thing. I've never been one to forget easily. Once you're in my system, it's painful to cut you out. I can't tell you how I feel. It's strange and foreign. Do we not know each other anymore? It's like a poem, written once with passion but as you begin to write more poems, the special one lies forgotten... The page on which it's been written turns yellow, the black ink fades away, there's a splatter of teardrop over a line or two. It's like the lines from Collide, Even the best fall down sometimes, even the wrong words seem to rhyme. Out of the doubt that fills my mind, I somehow find that you and I collide. You've been on my mind. I never was any good at pretending or playing games. I'm sorry that I do but I just do. I shouldn't have to think of this whole nine months as the Nice To Know You song by Incubus now, should I? Farewell.

No comments: