October 11, 2009

Dream + Working on Ideas + Belief = Reality


It finally happened! My exhibition finally materialized yesterday, on the tenth of October 2009 (for the records and so I won't forget)! It was a lot of fun, there were tons of cool folks around and I even met an ex-classmate of Sonali's, Leona Rodrigues, who was also sharing my stall along with her partner, Sangeeta who is a Wiccan (Ooooh!). They were selling a lot of outsourced stuff from artisans over India like proper junk-jewelry, luck-charms and these cool bath salts. I bought a funky orange necklace from them! :) Priya Dutt was there along with her very HOT husband, never knew he looked like that before. My mom said she saw VJ Juhi but I didn't get to see her! :(

Initially, not many folks bought anything from me, no one seemed interested as such, the crowd picked up a little after three o' clock. My first customer was a little cute and chubby girl with braces who kept saying, 'Cute!' as she browsed through my wares. She bought a Shell Necklace for Rs.60! After that, had to wait a while before others bought anything. Then someone bought an anklet and a coaster.. Val showed up with Shruti and Jennifer, that's when my friends started coming in! Andrea, Fads, Corny, Amanda, Ranvijay, Mi, Sonali etc.. They made quite a few purchases from my stall, but of course! Random people picked up a few of my wares here and there. Handed out my visiting card to all the important folk and those interested in my wares and for future purposes! :) Many people liked my hand-painted coasters so I intend to make some more and sell them in sets and I can't wait to start working on them. Also, what was surprising that many seemed to like the papier mache Bangles I made even though they looked more from the Stone-Age so intend to work on that too and make them more rustic and cooler! Managed to miss break-even point by a 500 Rs. margin but all in all, Great Experience, Learned loads and inspired to create a whole lot more creative stuff and I've got many new ideas to expand Rosecraft! Very excited. Here's to me! *Clink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Really? That's awesome!

krypton02 said...

Yes, really. And thank you :) To getting better at this! Cheers!