

Have you watched Dev D. yet? It is a brilliant movie, I couldn’t stop raving about it the day I watched it. It is amazingly made, the pop-art feel of the film is very nice to watch. Vibrant use of Color, Beautiful shots, simple yet amazing flow of the story... It really is a great movie. Truly bowled over with Anurag Kashyap’s direction and Abhay Deol, whom I never thought to look at or pay attention to before. The actress playing Paro does justice to her bit in the film too. The other girl in the film playing Chanda undoubtedly is very young in the fim, and her child-like humour infused with wittiness makes it great to appreciate on screen. This movie started off with dark undertones but the very surprising and almost unpredictable end made it even more beautiful to applaud such a film. I’ve been proud of Hindi movies like Dil Chahta Hai, Rang de Basanti and Taare Zameen Par but for now, this one truly takes the cake and deserves all the praise. Dev D. is a must-watch for lovers of creativity because it is not just the story, it is more the way it has been executed, the way it’s been transpired to the eyes of us, the viewers. I want to watch it again! I’m definitely gonna pick up a dvd of it when it comes out. The songs are also different and make for easy listening. 'Paayaliya' and 'Aankh Micholi' are my favorites. Aankh Micholi almost has a haunting feel to it, take a listen and you'll see. The lyrics of ‘Emotional Attyachar’ are hilarious! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment