I'm not sure how exactly but I misplaced my phone this afternoon.
I thought I felt it bulge in my pocket, it was too broad for it, so I slipped it into my purse.
Only moments later, it wasn't there. I either dropped it when I slipped it in (or thought I did),
Someone else picked it up.
Or it is misplaced in the cab.
My phone is on airplane mode right now.
I am not sure how to reach it.
Feeling really disappointed but warmed by a few friends who tried to help, and are kind.
I feel so sad, like I lost a dear companion or friend.
It's strange I know, complex, perhaps, the relationship we share with such objects
And yet I am sure, I will dip into my savings to buy this model again if it isn't returned to me.
Please let me find it
I believe you are coming home
But I tried being normal, and distracting myself
But I can't forget
Why was I so careless?
How could I have lost what my father bought me?
Why couldn't I be more alert?
I know this is a lesson.
Please come back home.
I'll be a better friend, and keeper.
All your data, keep it safe
Ours.
Please come home.
I know you will find a way.
The kindness of strangers is bound to activate
and bring you home to me.
I thought I felt it bulge in my pocket, it was too broad for it, so I slipped it into my purse.
Only moments later, it wasn't there. I either dropped it when I slipped it in (or thought I did),
Someone else picked it up.
Or it is misplaced in the cab.
My phone is on airplane mode right now.
I am not sure how to reach it.
Feeling really disappointed but warmed by a few friends who tried to help, and are kind.
I feel so sad, like I lost a dear companion or friend.
It's strange I know, complex, perhaps, the relationship we share with such objects
And yet I am sure, I will dip into my savings to buy this model again if it isn't returned to me.
Please let me find it
I believe you are coming home
But I tried being normal, and distracting myself
But I can't forget
Why was I so careless?
How could I have lost what my father bought me?
Why couldn't I be more alert?
I know this is a lesson.
Please come back home.
I'll be a better friend, and keeper.
All your data, keep it safe
Ours.
Please come home.
I know you will find a way.
The kindness of strangers is bound to activate
and bring you home to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment